Monday, April 12, 2010

My Latest Email Volley


I continue to ask PG&E to pay to relocate the wires, but I haven't heard back in a few days. It's been hard not to think about PG&E lately, particularly since the power went out yesterday because of the storm. I was in another neighborhood of Pacifica (not Vallemar) when I saw two PG&E trucks parked across from one another.

Anyway, this was the last email I sent to Nicole and her co-workers:


Hi Nicole,
Hope you had a great weekend!

Over the weekend, I saw the local CBS coverage of our situation in Pacifica, and when I heard Joe discussing the short-term options, I had a thought. Why not use shareholder monies to fix the situation? As I have stated previously, this is a problem created by PG&E when it placed utility lines directly above trees. The corporation has a lot of discretion with the use of it's funds, and this is a great opportunity to make good on the "commitment to communities".
http://www.pgecorp.com/corp_responsibility/communities/

Given the tens of millions of dollars PG&E is spending in order to provide taxpayers with a right to vote, relocating a few utility lines would be a cheap way to buy the company some good press. Let me know how we can get the corporation to buy into this idea and if there is anyone we should contact in the holding company. Thanks!

Alp

No comments:

Post a Comment